Friday, October 12, 2012

HEY SUGAR!

This is why I love what I do.  I have been sketching this painting in my mind for several weeks.  So thankful when everything falls into place - the vintage dress patterns found at an estate sale, the sand (or sugar) brought home from a girls beach trip and my grandmother’s famous 5 Flavor Pound Cake recipe.   This is the largest painting I have ever created…5 feet by 7 feet!  
I love these “sweet” Southern ladies – full of flavor and alot sass.










Fowler is such a big help in the studio.  


My grandmother got her hopes up when I asked for her recipe.
Sorry Mary Ann - I didn't actually make one of your pound cakes.
No one can make them like you!


Sugar, spice and everything nice!
Love,
Cat

Hey Sugar is for sale at A Southern Photo in Downtown Starkville, Mississippi

2 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! I wish I had room for such a large piece. I want the recipe too! If I look closely, is it all there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela! Yes, it is all there! I can send it to you if you can't read it all!

    ReplyDelete